Jan 29, 2017
I see thy tears
Jan 29, 2017
Some regrets that will die with us or go with us into eternity
Read Prov. 1:1-9 ; Prov. 4:1-9 and also notice that 9:10 states "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom..." The fear of God which is a reverence for God is an absolute necessity in obtaining spiritual wisdom. There is a difference between worldly wisdom and Godly wisdom. One can be attained without The Fear of God and one cannot.
Listen to some statements from Scriptures about the Fear of God:
Ps. 2:11 "Serve the LORD with fear" ; Ps. 5:7 "And in Thy fear will I worship"; Ps. 15:4 "He honoreth them that fear the LORD" ; Ps. 25:14 "The LORD is with them that fear Him" ; Ps. 34:9 "There is not want to them that fear Him." Psalm 36:1 states about the lost, "There is no fear of God before his eyes."
There are many other verses that tell of the importance of and the benefits of The Fear of The LORD, such as Ps. 85:9; Ps. 103:11,13,17 ; Ps. 115:13; Ps. 145:17-21 and Ps. 147:11 states, "The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear Him..."
The fear of the LORD is REVERENTIAL TRUST WITH A HATRED FOR EVIL. It is one of the most important motivators of men in life.
- It will bring you to trust Christ for Salvation, sealing your eternity.
- It will keep you from straying into the world, keeping you safe.
- It will satisfy your hunger for the Scriptures, giving delight, direction and deliverance.
- It will stimulate you to seek God’s will, putting His way before yours.
- It will sharpen your senses to the Spirit, teaching you the deep things of God.
- It will sweeten you life in trouble, focusing your trust in the invisible God.
- It will sharpen your sword for the battle, giving you the victory.
- It will stir your heart to see JESUS, knowing that nothing can "separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our LORD."
If you live any way you want; go anywhere you want; do anything you want; say anything you want; you do not have the fear of God and if you do not have the fear of God, you are lost.