Jan 29, 2017
I see thy tears
Jan 29, 2017
Some regrets that will die with us or go with us into eternity
The word "Incest" does not appear in the Bible. However, the condemnation of the practice of it does.
Leviticus 18:6 says, "None
of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their
nakedness: I am the Lord."
In Genesis 19, the Bible records the sad account of a backslidden man named Lot. In Sodom, he loses his testimony, his credibility, his influence, his sons-in-law, and finally his wife. He and his two daughters are living in a cave.(vs.30) The two daughters agree to a plan to get him drunk so they an sleep with him and preserve seed of their father.(vs.32)
It is interesting to note that the seed was none other than the infamous Moabites and Ammonites! (vs. 37-38) There are too many Scriptures to list to show their rebellious attitude towards the nation of Israel. Deut. 23:3 says, "An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord: even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the congregation of the Lord for ever."
- Incest is condemned by Scripture: Leviticus 18:6
- Most often happened when men are in compromising positions: Lot was drunk, alone with his daughters, had lost his wife, was weak enough to give in to drink, to proud to return to Abraham!
- Happens today when men and boys fuel their desires with ungodly TV, video tapes, and porn magazines.
- It is one of the lowest steps of a depraved mind, and in Lot's case, it resulted in two boys he could be neither a father nor grandfather to! (and what could they call him?)
- It is also one of the lowest steps of degeneracy and places man on an animal-like level, for they are indiscriminate in their choices of mates!. In other words, it is animal-like behavior and often results in deformed offspring!
- The way out of this and all other ungodliness is to receive Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour and become a new creature. 2 Cor. 5:17.
Why not cry out to Him for forgiveness, cleansing, and deliverance today?
Romans 5:6: "Christ died for the ungodly."