Jan 29, 2017
I see thy tears
Jan 29, 2017
Some regrets that will die with us or go with us into eternity
I preached on Sunday night from James 1:22-25 and thought the message may be a help to others. Verse 22 states, "But be ye doers of the Word" and v.25 tells us, "But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed." Now listen, we are not saved by good works; we are not Spiritual by good works; we are not strong by good works; we are not standing by good works, however, we are shown by good works to be a child of God and shine by good works for God's glory. (Mt. 5:16 and Phil. 2:12-16) I would like to bring attention to the statement, "this man shall be blessed in his deed." How can we live in the blessing of God? How can we have God's blessing on our lives?
- God blesses our living for His glory. 1 Cor. 10:31
God will bless a life of dedication to the things of God.
- God blesses our loving Him and others. Luke 6:26-36
God will bless our loving others regardless of our human reasoning.
- God blesses our giving, to the cause of Christ and others. Luke 6:38
The promise is that God measures what's coming in by what goes out.
- God blesses our sowing the Word of God. Ps. 126:5-6
It is the greatest work of a believer and brings the greatest reward.
- God blesses our leaving the world and worldliness. 2 Cor. 6:11-18
This relates to 2 Cor. 5:17, "old things are passed away." God will bless
our leaving the old life behind with its habits and failures.
- God blesses our dying to self. Gal. 2:20; 6:14 and Rom. 6:2
We have to die daily as Paul states in 1 Cor. 15:31. God does not
promise to bless a double-minded, carnal Christian.
- God blesses our growing in grace and knowledge. 1 Pet. 2:2; 2 Pet. 3:18
This is the basis of a balanced Christian life that is blessed of God.
- God Blesses our enduring trials, hardships, heartaches. James 1:12, 5:11
Most often, the blessings of God follow the trials of life rather than to
before them. If you are suffering for the cause of Christ now, endure,
for your blessing is probably just ahead. "And let us not be weary
in well-doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Gal. 6:9
Are you living in the blessing of God? If not, you should consider one or more of the above keys to a life that is blessed by the Lord.