Jan 29, 2017
I see thy tears
Jan 29, 2017
Some regrets that will die with us or go with us into eternity
The new version of Christianity does not resemble the Old Time Religion of a century ago. In fact, the new version resembles the world more than the Church of not long ago. Sadly, "the Salt hath lost his savor" and the "Light is hid under a bushel." The reason the lost do not want what we have is because they already have it. They have not come to where we are because we have come to them.
Looking at Jeremiah 6:10-19 we see a similarity between that time and our time. In verse 16 The LORD said, "Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein." The rest of the story is seen throughout Jeremiah. The religious leaders failed them and 18:15 "caused them to stumble in their ways from the ancient paths..." This is true in our day as well.
The old time religion was good enough for our Spiritual forefathers and it is good enough for us.
- The old time religion (Christianity) is all about the Family of God. Gal. 3:26-29 ; Eph. 3:14-15 ; Eph. 4:4-6 tells us there is "One body...one Spirit...one hope...One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all..." To be in this family, you have to come in the old-fashioned way, through Christ Jesus.
- The old time religion will make you forsake and forget your past. Phil.3:4-6; 1 Tim. 1:12-13 and Col. 3:3, 10
- The old time religion will make you feel good about life. Phil.3:7-14 Our lives have no meaning or eternal value until we are born again, made free in Christ and now see life from a different point of view. Gal. 2:20, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me." Salvation changes our direction in life and life now has new meaning.
- The old time religion makes you feel good about death and suffering. Phil. 1:12-24 Read and notice Paul states, "death is gain". 1 Cor. 15:55 states, "O death, where is thy sting? O Grave, where is thy victory?" Notice v.57 how we gain the victory over death.
- The old time religion will make you fear the fate and feel the fires of hell waiting for friends and loved ones who are not saved. The old time Religion makes us care about others. Jude 22-23; 2 Cor. 5:11
What this world desperately needs is some old-fashioned nobodys telling everybody about somebody who died to bring them into family of God. Then we need to show and tell them how to live a victorious, old fashioned life that honors the Lord Jesus Christ.