It seems to me that a large percentage of our American community claims some sort of association with Jesus Christ. I make that statement based on the multitudes of conversations I have with people as I go to and fro. I must admit I am bothered by the glaring differences between what Christ taught and the lifestyles of those who claim to be in association with Him. Perhaps a reminder of some Doctrines of Jesus would be in order:
1. Love God with all your heart, soul and mind. Matt. 22:37
2. Love your neighbor as yourself Matt. 22:38
3. Love your enemies. Matt. 6:44
4. Beware of hypocrisy. Luke 12:1
5. Repent or you will perish. Luke 13:3 & 5
6. Divorce: Jesus taught against it. Mark 10:11-12; Matt.10:3-10
7. A man looking wrongly at a woman commits adultery. Matt. 5:28
8. If a man hits you on the right cheek, turn to him the left. Matt 5:39
9. Dont do good deeds in order to be seen of others. Matt. 6:1
10. Dont lay up treasures on earth. Matt. 6:19
11. Truly great people are servants at heart. Mark 10:43-44
12. He that believeth not shall be damned. Mark 16:16
13. Hell is a real place where certain people go. Luke 16:23
14. Only sinners need to repent, not righteous people. Luke 5:32
15. If all men speak well of you, Christ rebukes you. Luke 6:26
16. Whoever is ashamed of Jesus, He will be ashamed of them. Luke 9:26
17. Fear Him who has the power to cast you into Hell. Luke 12:5
18. There are people who justify themselves, which is an abomination to God.
19. Honor your parents regardless of your age. Mark 7:10
20. All evil things that men do come from within the heart. Mark 7:21
21. Dont exalt traditions over the Word of God. Mark 7:9
22. Many people will hear the truth and never understand because of hardness
of heart. Mark 4:11
23. If you don't forgive others, God will not forgive you. Mark 11:26
24. You must forgive fellow men 490 times. Matt. 18:21
25. A man must be born again to see or enter the kingdom of God. John 3:3&5
26. Every one that does evil hates the light. John 3:20
27. True worshippers worship God in spirit and truth not geographic location.
28. You are Jesus friend if you do whatsoever He has commanded you. John
29. The Word of God is truth. John 17:17
30. Allow children to learn about Jesus and pray to Him. Matt 19:14
31. If you promote yourself you will be put down. Matt. 23:12
32. An evil generation seeks a sign from God beyond His word. Matt. 12:39
33. Turn to Christ for strength when you are heavy laden. Matt. 11:28
34. Every man is responsible to keep his heart tender to the word of God.
Mark chapter 4.
35. If a man gains the whole world and loses his soul he has not profited.
36. It is better to pluck your own eyes out than to let your eyes send you
to hell. Mark 9:47
37. Not every person who calls Jesus his Lord will go to heaven. Many who say
they are associated with Christ will go to hell. Matt. 7:21
If you are one who has claimed to be a believer in Jesus, but you do not
the things he taught you are deceived. Your only hope is to repent of your
sin and place your faith in Jesus; then you will obey His teachings in the
power that He will give you. May God help many people to obey.
By Dave Thompson