Every person that has ever lived on earth has a record. Job said in 16:19, "My record is on high." Paul the apostle spoke of a time when God will "bring to light the hidden things of darkness..." In order to have a "Judgment Seat of Christ" and a "Great White Throne" , there must be a record. We see in 2 Cor. 5:9-13 and Rev. 20:12-15 these two events. Matt. 12:36 tells us that every word we speak will be brought to "account". Romans 14:12 tells us, "So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God." Our record is on high and one day we will all stand before God and our record will be revealed.
- Is there a record in the Lamb's Book of life where you got saved? If you have been saved it is recorded in the Lamb's book of life. Look at Luke 10:20; Rev. 20:15; 2Tim. 2:19 Is you name there?
- Is there a record that after you got saved, you loved the Lord deeply enough to live for Him day by day? Does you record say, "faithful, dedicated, committed, serious, separated, Spiritual, walking with God? Or does it say, "backslidden, cold, indifferent, secret sin, unfaithful, worldly?" See 2 Cor. 5:9-10
- Is there a record that you became a kind-hearted, caring, generous, loving, forgiving, helping believer? Or does it say, "offensive, hot tempered, careless, selfish, abrasive hard to get along with?" Gal. 5:21-22; Ja. 3:1-18; Eph. 5:1-17
- Does your record read, "Concerned about lost souls; A good witness; persuading men; carries tracts; prays for the lost?" Ps. 126:5-6
- Does your record read, "Loves family; leads family; follows the Lord, honors husband/wife; obeys parents?"
Today will be a good time to get your record straight. If you are saved your name will never be erased. If you are not saved your name is not in the Lamb's book of life and will be stricken from the Book of life.