Jan 29, 2017
I see thy tears
Jan 29, 2017
Some regrets that will die with us or go with us into eternity
First of all I want to recommend that you go to www.holybiblesays.org and read the article titled “What Does The Bible Say About Horoscope and Fortune Telling?”
In John 21:18-25 Jesus tells what the future will be for the Apostle Peter. He will grow old and feeble and have to be carried about “wither thou wouldest not.” Peter then turns and asked “What shall this man do?” Referring to John the Beloved. Jesus answers without giving an answer and Peter, like so many in our day, drew a wrong conclusion. However, here is my point: Peter wanted to hear the future of John and that is a good question for all of us. What is my future? Your future. Now some people go to the fortune tellers, palm readers etc. which by the way, God condemns. 2 Peter 1:13-14 shows us that peter knows how he will die old and feeble before the return of Christ. We know also that the future for true Christians are only two possibilities: 1. We die and go to heaven. 2. We are raptured and go to heaven. Lost people also have only two possibilities: 1. They could receive Christ and be saved and go to heaven. 2. They can stay lost and die and go to Hell.
If you had a visitation from God tonight and He said to you, “At midnight you die”, what would you do? Now, we all have the sentence of death on us…we all face death, we just do not know when. Based on this, we must ask, “What is my future?” If all things remain as they are now, what do you face? What is your future?
Even though we do not know when we will die, we can know what we have working for us, and what we have working against us until then.
1. If you are lost, you still have life and that means you have opportunity to change your eternal destiny. Read Luke 12:15-21 and notice that God said, “thou fool this night…” The fool runs out of time to make the eternal choice.
2. If you are lost, you still have light. John 1, and John 3 as well as other texts tell us that Jesus is the Light of the world, that light is come into the world. If you are lost, you can still see with your heart that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life.
3. If you are lost, you still have love. God still loves you as a lost person, but His love shown to us in Christ does not save us until we respond to that love by accepting Jesus as Lord and Saviour.
These things are going for you, and will be with you until the end of your earthly existence, however, there are some things that work against you as well and they tell your future.
1. If you are lost, no matter how old you grow or how good your life may be, you are still facing death. Romans 5:12; 6:23
2. If you are lost, you are still facing your destiny by your own choice. John 8:24
3. If you are lost, you are still facing your damnation. John 3:36, 5:24; 2 Th. 2:11-12
Look at Hebrews 2:1-4 and notice these words: “How shall we escape if we neglect so great Salvation?” This tells the future of all lost people.
We can have Heaven forever, Happiness forever, Holiness forever, or the harsh horrows of hell forever. You can know your future by you present Spiritual state.
Our eternal choices foretell our future! 1 John 5:12 states, “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.”